Monday, May 23, 2005

Star Wars

There was an article written last week expounding on the fact that Geekdom is at an end. The Star Wars saga is complete, as is the Lord of the Rings. The Matrix has come and gone. For the first time in almost 20 years, there are no new productions of Star Trek coming this fall. Everyone and his brother has a blog. The internet is accessed by toddlers and grandparents. Wil Wheaton, the king of the Geeks, was interviewed and argued against.

I just saw Star Wars tonight. I want to see it again. Tomorrow. Twice.

I was in kindergarten when Mr. Lucas started this ride. I feel more complete now that I know where the mask comes from, what Luke looked like as a baby, where the Wookies lived, and how the droids came into the hands of Captain Antilles.

Once a geek, always a geek. We will never die.

And if we do, our image will appear to our loved ones with an aura around it, and we’ll be standing next to a Muppet.