Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Pokeraoke


Although my showing at the last Lawyer/Engineer poker game was not good, not good at all in fact, I still managed to save face. You see, our host had a karaoke machine, and we all sang some rockin’ tunes. I sang more than most, as I was knocked out somewhat earlier than I had hoped to be. And stone cold sober, I somehow found the courage to sing a song or two that branched beyond my classical training.

Although Craig’s request of Britney Spears’ “Toxic” was not fulfilled, I think my choices were highly entertaining. Here’s what you missed:


Piano Man - Billy Joel - wayyy too high for my voice range – possible permanent damage to my larynx – he was a monster tenor when he was coked up.

Ob la di Ob la da - The Beatles - duet with Chris - easy, cheesy, Japonesey

We are the Champions - Queen - And I thought Billy Joel hurt - this was forced on my by Craig. He paid for it. I made him sing “I Will Always Love You”

Like a Virgin - Madonna - all I needed were a wedding dress and rubber bracelets, baby

Celine Dione - Titanic Theme - Surprisingly, I knew all the words to this one. Really.

Love Me Tender – Elvis Presley – duet with Chris - our lip curls need work

Bad Moon Rising – CCR - quartet with Chris, Craig, and Linda - Although I think Linda was faking it, we still sounded great.

Moon River – Andy Williams - a perfect score from The Machine (yes, it rated us)

La Vida Loca - Ricky Williams – trio with Chris and Craig - we rocked the house and closed the party with this one. Yeah, baby!


I might have forgotten one or two, but you get the picture. I am the world’s best karaoke singer.