Friday, April 07, 2006

Top Five Friday - Places I Want to See Before I Die

Why this list today? Because it’s raining and cold and yucky and I’d like to be anywhere but sitting in front of my computer. I’ve been to many, many cool places. I consider myself extremely lucky to have traveled as extensively as I have in my life. But there’s always a few that stick in my mind, no matter where I am.

  1. Java – It is my most fervent wish in this world to see a Komodo Dragon in the wild before I die.
  2. Morocco – I need to ride the Marrakech Express – and sing the song while aboard. I’ve also always wanted to see Casablanca.
  3. Every Major League Baseball stadium in America – Sam is almost old enough to start the tour. There are at least seven stadiums within driving distance of BuffaloToronto, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, New York City (2), and Boston just to start.
  4. The Galapagos Islands – Just to see where Darwin formed his ideas and to see the tortoises. Abercrombie & Kent offers an 11-day tour on a privately chartered yacht with an on board naturalist for only $5,000 per person. Who’s with me?
  5. Antarctica – Just to say I’ve been there.