Thursday, August 31, 2006

How Old Am I?

Finally, the kiddies are old enough where I feel a little freedom to do something for myself. Instead of running away, screaming in a psychotic episode, I’ve been waiting patiently for this day to come. Yeah. Right.

I’m going to sing again. At least I think I am. My audition is next Tuesday. It seems like an interesting group. We’ll see.

I took a walk down Elmwood during the Arts Festival on Saturday to talk to the group’s director and sign up for an audition. She asked me what my background was. I told her I started singing . . . and then I stopped. It actually took me second to do the math.

I’ve been singing for 26 years.

Granted, after college, there were some instances when I wasn’t involved with an organized group, but nothing ever close to an extended period of time. Excluding the last three or four years, I’ve been part of a choral group since I was eight years old.

Basically, this means one thing. I’m gettin’ frickin’ old.