Monday, January 22, 2007

Almost There


Well, the weekend is over, as well as the football season. My beloved Patriots couldn’t pull it out. I watched the first half, and then, like a true fan, turned off the TV and went to bed. I’ll watch the Superbowl just to see monkey-face Manning get his helmet kicked in and his skull crushed.

This weekend was the last one that I have to spend away from my family. Only one thing sucks more than having to tell Sam, Noah, and Aidan that I have to go away again – the look of acceptance on their little faces. They have become accustomed to me being away. And Leah and I have been forced to treat every phone call we have as though we were doing business.

“I did X, and Y, and Z.”
“Great. I did A, and B, and C. Don’t forget to do R and S this week.”
“I won’t. The kids did D, E, and F last night. And Noah said L,M,O”
“That’s great! Hey, have you thought about G, H, and I?”
“No, but I will.”

Very mushy.

But all that is about to change.

Thursday – fly back to Buffalo.
Friday – load up truck & clean out house.
Saturday – drive to Connecticut, watch a bunch of other people unload all our stuff.
Sunday – start living with my family again.

Yeah.