Friday, February 09, 2007

Oh. My. Good. Lord.

"Ariel has earrings, Daddy."

At this point, after threatening to turn off the movie multiple times, then finally caving in and distributing M&Ms to bribe them to sit quietly, I was not paying attention any more. Leah was out for a while, paying people to pamper her. She deserves it, as she's had bronchitis for the last two weeks.


Back to our evening. I was playing online poker while the boys watched The Little Mermaid. It was the dinner scene where she blows pipe tobacco into Grimsby's face.

Sam: Ariel has earrings, Daddy.
Me: What?
Sam: She has earrings. She didn't have them when she was in the ocean.
Me: You're right.

I've watched that movie at least two kazillion times in the last four years. Never, not once, did I notice that.

What could I say? Well done, Samuel. You sometimes scare the bejesus out of me with the ways in which your mind functions?