Thursday, February 15, 2007

Short Explanation

During our scrumptious Valentine’s Day dinner out last night, our conversation drifted over to the subject of my closing this site. I would like to clarify a point or two. It is not my intention to cut off family members who are now far away. That could not be farther from the truth. My main reason for shutting down my blog was to assist me in breaking away from the computer and other electronic time-suck devices currently pervading our lives and home.

Simply put, I want to spend more time with my family. I’m not working upstairs anymore. I can’t just pop down from the attic to spend a few minutes with Leah and the boys. I can’t take a break to pick up Sam from school. Coming home after work and devoting time to writing cute stories and surfing the net for funny pictures is not endearing me to any member of my immediate family.

I’ve been living away from my family for two months. We’ve only been back together for three weeks. We are still getting used to each other again. Leah and the boys established a routine, and I was not included in it. If I sit in front of a computer instead of sitting with them, I continue that routine.

If I have offended anyone, I sincerely apologize. It is not my intention. I just want some more time to watch the boys grow up, not report it. However, after our conversation last night, Leah asked me to reconsider my decision. So, at this point, I’m thinking about it.