Thursday, March 06, 2008

BufBloPoFo Day 6 - What Annoys Me

I like being a day behind in topics. I feel light the burden of actually sitting down and writing is lighter. That does not annoy me at all. Neither does my wife. Leah and I were talking at lunch today. She and the boys had quite the busy day.

L: And tomorrow we have story time!
Me: Who?
L: We got in to Story Time.
Me: What are you talking about?
L: Story Time at the Stonington Library. Apparently it's so popular, you only get in by lottery.
Me: Wow. So when is it?
L: Tomorrow morning at 10:00.
Me: How long does it last?
L: I don't know.
Me: Who reads the stories?
L: I don't know.
Me: So you just drop them off?
L: No, I stay there and pick out a book for myself.
Me: While they hang out in the lion pit?

Crickets.

Me: So, Story Time tomorrow morning. Sounds great!


What annoys me most? Incompetent people. Unfortunately, there is one in our lives right now. Let's call her . . . Enna. This woman is the single most incompetent person I have ever encountered. What's worse is not only is she awful at her job, she truly does not seem to care. My hatred for her burns brighter with every passing day. She is the first real life Blue Meanie I've ever met, and I will take the utmost joy in helping to destroy her and repair the damage she has done.