Monday, February 28, 2005

Say What???

I returned home Friday night after traveling for three days. Saturday morning, I stepped into Bizarro World. Sitting on the couch with Sammy, I put my head on a pillow. It was apparently the wrong pillow.

Sammy gave me another one and said, “I don’t want to have to tell you again, Daddy.”

“Okay, Sammy.”
“Got it?”
“Yup.”
“Okay?”

What just happened?

Later, I built Sam a fort from all the extra cushions left from our forcibly retired couch. (refer to my previous comments on moving companies). Sitting next to him, he looks at me and says, “Go sit over there.”

He gets up, walks over to the corner, and points.

“You’re not being a good listener, Daddy.”

WHAT??????

When did my son start doling out punishments? We don’t punish him that often. Leah told me he was a really good boy while I was away. Is he practicing for when his brothers show themselves to be the satanic ambassadors we know they really are? I can’t wait to see what happens to me tonight. Is he going to take my bed away?