Monday, March 07, 2005

5 Questions

Before I start this, in case anyone reading this wonders why I’m writing this post, refer to Royal Toybox.

In response to the Great Garvey’s Pseudo-Liptonian Queries:

1. if you had to live in another time period (let’s say, sometime before 1970), when would it be and why?

I’d live in Europe, in the latter half of the 18th century, as part of the aristocracy. This way, I’d be able to travel about without worry for money or station. The thought of being able to listen to the music of Mozart and Haydn as it was first performed blows my mind.

2. what was your favorite toy/book as a kid?

Toy – I had many, many, many toys. My favorite would have to be my model train set. I had a 4x8 piece of plywood completely covered with tracks, buildings, little people, and of course, trains. The plywood and some of the tracks are still in my father’s basement in Connecticut.

Book – I never had one single favorite. However, my grandmother introduced me to the Tintin Adventures, and I love them to this day. I own them all, even the ones that you can’t buy in the US. They are hands down, the most amazing cartoons ever produced.

3. you just won a trillion dollars in the lottery. after taxes, that’s maybe a billion. what are the first three things you’d buy?

Leah and I have played lots of games with this one. First, I’d buy a castle in France, preferably one that gets me a title. I’ve always wanted to be a Count or a Baron. Second, I’d buy an extremely large sailboat. Third, I’d buy a tropical island to which I’d sail said sailboat. Actually, my crew would sail the boat. I’d sip very expensive gin and tonics.

4. if you could be a fly on the wall of any historical event, which would it be?

Easy – the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. Nothing else has shaped our world to the extent that JC did.

5. what is one thing about you that you have never admitted on The Fourth Row?

One thing? Just one? Whoo boy. Ok. Well, since I’ve only been blogging for two months, the choices are endless. I’ll opt for the fact that I’m happier here than I was living in Connecticut. Yup, it’s true. My family was always the most important thing in my life, and I moved 500 miles away from them. It was tough to say the least. But there’s no way on earth that we could be raising our kids in Connecticut. Plus, we have the greatest family on the planet right here.


So, to continue to game, should anyone want to be interviewed by moi, just leave a comment saying so, and I'll give you 5 Questions to answer. Cheers to Mikey – good, clean fun all around.