Well, after conferring with a number of my peers, the general consensus stands at the single fact that this week has pretty much sucked. However, in an attempt to glean a thin slice of optimism from all this fatty suckitude, I offer some upbeat end of the week thoughts:
- I went to see my first Buffalo Sabres game last night. Thank you RT. I quickly discovered that watching hockey live is a great deal more entertaining than on television. I could become a fan.
- Overheard at the game last night when one of the Sabres went down after being pegged by a slap shot: “Oh, its* Derek. Get up, you pansy. There’s not even any blood. At least the last guy bled all over the ice.” This was followed by a lot of high-pitched, derisive laughter. And I say high-pitched because it was two women talking.
- They deliver ice cream sundaes to your seat!
- There’s a blimp. Inside the arena.
- It took only 30 minutes to get out of the parking garage. At Foxboro . . . I can’t talk about it. I still bear the scars.
- I have discovered that both of my favorite radio stations from Boston, WERS & WXRV, both stream over the internet. Add that to Morning Edition on WBFO, and the stifling weight of my early morning agony is lifted a little.
- I found out that I won’t have to travel for work as much as I was expecting. Thus, no mid-winter, trudge through the snow and ice, treks across NY State.
- There is no snow here. None. It’s supposed to be in the upper 50’s again today. In January!
- Mikey has assured me that he is not going to close down Royal Toybox.
- The New England Patriots are going to win the Superbowl again this year. I only have seven years left until my season tickets come through. Yeah!
- Sam called me out for throwing a game of Go Fish the other night. “Daddy, why do you keep asking for that one?”
- Leah and I are actually going out tonight. Together. Without the kids. Hallelujah.
*For the life of me, I can’t remember the grammatical rules that apply to its/it’s this morning. I am losing my mind.