Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Sunday Sunday Sunday!!!!

I was raised as an Episcopalian. I’ve heard it called Catholic Light – all the ritual, none of the guilt. It is known for attracting rich Caucasians who like the idea of going to church to further their social standing. This is probably the whitest religion in the world. Be that as it may, I am quite fond of it.

My church has been in the news lately because a bunch off asshats have apparently forgotten that Jesus Christ preached to accept and love all people, not just the ones who think and act like you do. People are slow to discuss their beliefs about homosexuality and religion, for fear of encountering a frothing-at-the-mouth idiot who can’t get past his own limited intelligence.

But last night, I heard something that makes me think there is hope for my church. Give it a listen and tell me if you don’t hear our one, true, God calling out to you.